This will be the 2nd annual Narcotic K9 Competition hosted by Crime Stoppers of SW Oklahoma. This event is open to all narcotic K9 teams and the event will be open to the public at no charge.
Event 1: Narcotic Detection
- This is a time event with a 2-minute timer.
- There will be 6 finds hidden among 30 objects.
- K9 team will report to the starting line with K9 at heel. Once the “All Clear” is given, teams can begin when they are ready. The clock will begin when they go through the starting line and the clock stops when the handler locates all 6 finds.
- A point will be added for every second the team finishes early and 10 points will be given to every positive alert for narcotics.
- 20 points will be deducted for every false alert.
Event 2: Hardest Hitting
- This event will have 3 judges scoring with a total possible amount of 30 points.
- K9 team will begin from the patrol car and drive to the starting line. The handler will deploy the K9 from the patrol car to attack the decoy.
- The K9 will first be judged on how hard they hit the decoy.
"*" indicates required fields